Aerial view of the Ida E.Glenn well discovery site. The intersection of Route 75 and 141st Street is where the Glenpool stop light is located
The Ida E. Glenn well site is located on the northwest corner of 141st and Route 75 in Glenpool. It is 1270 ft. East of the West line and 1030 ft. North of the South line of the SE corner of Section 10, 17N 12E. The well was used as a water injector until 1964 when it was plugged and abandoned by Texaco. The well site is located on the banks of a creek that is usually dry and is presently covered with soil and undergrowth.
All the vacant land on the Northeast corner of the intersection is currently for sale except for 7 acres of Lambert Park, a Glenpool City park located on the North side.
The discovery well site is on the very eastern-most edge of the original oil field. The present-day edge of the field has shifted to the West one mile. There are no active oil wells in the immediate vicinity of the discovery well site.